Connecting your phone to your car’s center screen can be a convenient way to access your contacts, make phone calls, and even play music. However, while setting it up might seem straightforward to some, it’s slightly confusing and intimidating to others.
How To Connect Bluetooth To A Toyota Highlander:
- With your phone Bluetooth on, press the “Menu” or “Apps” button on the head unit to access the Bluetooth settings.
- From there, select “Setup” and then “Bluetooth,” and follow the prompts to register your phone if necessary.
- When prompted, ensure the PIN on your phone matches the one displayed on the center screen and click “pair.”
Read on for the whole process of connecting Bluetooth in a Toyota Highlander.
The process is fairly straightforward – it’s like pairing any other Bluetooth device. It’s worth noting that the process may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your car and phone. Here are the steps you need to take:
- The first step to connecting a phone to a Toyota Highlander’s Bluetooth system is to access the Bluetooth settings on the car info system.
- Then you will need to click either the “Menu” or “Apps” button on the head unit.
- From there, you will need to select “Setup” and then “Bluetooth.” If you have not previously connected a device to the car’s system, a prompt will appear asking if you want to register a phone.
- You can also press the phone button on your center screen. This will bring up a list of devices that are registered.
- If your phone is not already listed, click the add button to add it.
- The next step is to enable Bluetooth on the phone. To do this, you will need to unlock the phone and go to the Settings menu.
- From there, you will need to click on “Connections” and toggle the Bluetooth switch to “On.”
- Ensure the phone or device is in close proximity to the car, about 10 feet away.
Now that your car and phone Bluetooth are on, you can establish a connection between them.
- On the car’s head unit, you will need to select the name of your phone. This may appear as a series of numbers and letters.
- On the phone, you will need to select the car’s name, which may be “Toyota Highlander” or a series of numbers and letters. Once you have selected the correct name on both devices, a pairing request will appear.
- Ensure that the phone number matches the head unit’s number, and then click “OK” to confirm the pairing.
If a laptop or wireless device has no interface to allow the pairing, the prompt will be done automatically.
- After you have confirmed the pairing, you will be prompted to sync contacts and messages. You can opt to do this by clicking “Allow.”
- Once this is done, the phone will be connected to call and media audio, and you will be able to make calls and play music using Bluetooth audio.
If you want to add or remove devices from the car’s Bluetooth system, you can do this by following the same steps above. To remove a device, you must go to the car’s Bluetooth settings and select the device you want to remove.
- You will be prompted to confirm the removal, and once you click “Yes,” the device will be removed.
- To add a device, you will need to select “Add Device” in the Bluetooth settings and follow the steps outlined above.
Connecting your phone to a Toyota Highlander’s Bluetooth system has various advantages. Some of them include the following:
Connecting Bluetooth to your Toyota Highlander allows you to make hands-free phone calls and control your music without fumbling with your phone or physical buttons. This is especially useful when you are driving and need to focus on the road.
Connecting your phone to the car takes away the need to carry a separate music device. You can easily access all of your favorite songs and playlists by syncing your phone to the car’s Bluetooth system.
You can even use voice commands to control the music, which makes it even easier and safer to control your music while driving.
Connecting your phone to your car’s Bluetooth system allows you to play music via the car’s speakers. This typically have better sound quality than your phone’s speakers. Likewise, it can enhance your overall listening experience and make driving more enjoyable.
Many states have laws that prohibit using your phone while driving unless it is done through a hands-free device. Connecting your phone to your car’s Bluetooth system allows you to follow these laws while still being able to use your phone for navigation or phone calls.
Using a hands-free device while driving can help reduce the risk of accidents caused by distracted driving. With a Bluetooth connection to your car, you can stay focused on the road instead of struggling to juggle phone calls and audio controls.
Accordingly, keeping your phone connected with Bluetooth will ensure you never take your eyes off the wheel or hands away from it again, allowing for effortless multitasking.
Now here are some relevant questions people may ask. Read through this to clear up any more confusion.
Yes, the 2013 Toyota Highlander comes with Bluetooth capability as standard. You can connect your phone to the car’s Bluetooth system to make hands-free phone calls, control your music, and access all of your contacts.
It could be that your car and your iPhone are not properly paired, or they are far away from each other. Try turning the Bluetooth on and off, pair them again, and ensure they are in the same general area. You may need to reset your car’s Bluetooth system if that doesn’t work.
Yes, you can use the car’s Bluetooth system to stream music from your phone or other compatible devices. Once you have paired your phone, simply select the media audio option in order to access your music. You will be able to control the playback from your car’s controls or voice commands.
With these straightforward steps, you can now effortlessly pair your phone to the Bluetooth system of a Toyota Highlander. This connection will allow you to access contacts, make phone calls, and send messages on your phone through the car’s head unit.
Now that you know how to connect Bluetooth to a Toyota Highlander, you can enjoy the convenience of hands-free phone use in your vehicle. If you face any more inconveniences to pair it with your phone, follow up on the process we mentioned here.