A failed matrix regulator can cause your window to get stuck and go off track. In such a case, there is nothing to do but replace the regulator.
So how to replace 2007 Toyota matrix regulator? You need to take off the door panel and handle first to replace the regulator. Then you need to change the old one with the new one. That’s all.
Here we are with all the information that you need to do it step-by-step in this article. Walk through the article till the end to learn the process.
Below we have gathered all the steps that you need to replace your Toyota Matrix regulator. Follow the steps to get the most accurate way to do it.
- Trim removal tool
- Flat head screwdriver
- 10mm wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
- Trim removal tool
- Putty knife
- Masking tape
- Unlock the door and lower the window
- To get to the power window switches, you’ll need to pull off the panel
- Cover them out with a trim removal tool
- Then disconnect the wire harness connectors
- Pull the retaining clips out of the door with a small flathead screwdriver
- Put the trim remover behind the panel’s interior and pry it out of the car’s frame gently. It ought to be easy to pry loose and remove
- Then put the trim removal tool in between the door panel and frame and pry it off carefully
A bolt can be loosened with a wrench by inserting it between the rods that serve as door handles. You’ll need to forward-lean the door handle and wiggle the rods up and down to disengage them. Separating the rods from the doorknob makes removing it a breeze.
Remove the lower plate from the door frame by loosening its three screws with the screwdriver. This oval-shaped black lower plate is dark in color. Once the screws are out of the plate, you can remove them from the door with ease.
- Use a putty knife to cut the sealant separating the water cover from the door.
- Pass it back and forth between the water cover and the entrance until you can open the door without any difficulty. Be cautious, as tearing the shield is a simple matter.
- Take off the plastic cover to expose the window regulator.
- Loosen the regulator bolt using a 10mm wrench
- Then take it out entirely. You’ll need to take out the 10mm bolt from the access hole to the left of the regulator, too
- After taking out the two screws, you can raise the window above the regulator and secure it by taping it to the top of the door frame
- Put the harness through the door and hold it with one hand. About in the middle of the seat belt and the regulator, there is a clip on to the door
- Disconnect the wires from the window regulator and motor by unclipping the harness
- Grab the motor and regulator for the window with your other hand and turn them rotating clockwise before pulling them out
Simply reinstall the regulator and new window motor in the same manner as the old one was removed.
What Are The Symptoms Of A Bad Matrix Regulator For Toyota 2007?
If you have any of the following symptoms, you can be certain that you have a severe case in your Matrix regulator.
- There is no way to raise or lower the window
- The window crashed through the door
- The operation of the window is very loud
- Angled movement can be made in either direction for the window
Here, we’ll go over some questions that can help you have a better grasp of the issue.
Q: Can your Toyota matrix get damaged?
Yes, it’s possible. If your window’s speed is steadily slowing, it’s usually best to address the issue when the window is closed. There is usually no way to get a window regulator to operate again once it has stopped fully. But it is possible if other problems are found through a mechanical check.
Q: What is the cost for the replacement of a matrix regulator on Toyota 2007?
Replacement of the regulator on a Toyota Matrix costs an average of $244, with the cost of parts coming in at $149 and labor coming in at $70-90. There may be a difference in price based on where you are located.
If the window regulator in your 2007 Toyota Matrix fails, your power window can become jammed, producing a grinding noise. Giving the impression that it is moving in the wrong direction.
So, how to replace 2007 Toyota matrix regulator? To replace the matrix, we have combined a few steps that might help you to do your task. All you need is to follow the given steps. Your work is done.
The matrix regulator is an important part of your vehicle. A failed one can cause you a lot of problems.