Like other vehicles, the widely popular Toyota Camry Hybrid needs routine maintenance to function properly. However, one key component of the Camry Hybrid that requires regular inspection is the 12V battery. Many people face their battery is not working properly. But why may this happen? What are the Camry Hybrid 12v Battery issues?
Short-circuited cells, Low levels of electrolyte, Broken plates, and decay of positive and negative terminals are the most common issues that may happen with your Toyota Camry 12v battery.
If the battery doesn’t perform well, it will overload the alternator and damage it. So, if you find all these problems with care and take steps to fix them. So, learn more about the issues, their signs, and solutions.
Common Camry Hybrid 12V Battery Issues
You may encounter so many problems with the 12v battery of your Toyota Camry Hybrid car. But what may these issues be? Let’s see a list of these problems.
- A cell or cells that have short-circuited due to a buildup of shed plate material beneath the plates.
- Sulfation following a long period of inactivity in a low-or no-charge condition.
- Harm to the battery case.
- Low level of electrolyte (fluid).
- Broken plates as a result of vibration and corrosion.
- Harm to the positive and negative terminals.
- Internal connections that are broken as a result of corrosion.
- There are common indications that a Camry hybrid battery repair is necessary.
- If the headlights are dimming or flickering.
Symptoms Of Bad 12v battery Of Toyota Camry
If you notice dimmed or flickering headlights, it could be a warning that your battery isn’t charging accurately. But some more symptoms will indicate your battery problems. Let’s see these symptoms in short.
Unusual Sounds from the Engine
If you hear any strange sounds coming from the engine, it could be another early warning that the battery is dying.
Alert indicators on the dashboard
If you notice any warning lights on your dashboard, it’s time to have your Camry Hybrid battery tested. There may be a variety of problems indicated by these lights and dashboard error codes.
Increased use of electricity
When the battery is not operating as it should, the motor and other electrical components in your car may require more power to operate. Then you should realize that you are going to be listed among those people who have been suffering from battery problems.
What Will Happen If Camry 12v Battery Is Faulty
The owners of Toyota Camry hybrids generally report some major problems with their cars that had a battery issues. Those are-
- Reduced accelerating power: It is one of the major problems that you may experience. The acceleration power is reduced, and when you fill the gas in your car, it doesn’t move quickly as earlier. If you notice this type of problem, keep in mind that it is a sign of the battery losing charge quickly and cannot provide enough power.
- Warning lights on the dashboard: If your Camry battery doesn’t work well, you may see the warning lights on the dashboard. When you find such an event, do not waste time and take your car to the workshop as soon as possible.
- Problem to start the car: Another major trouble that indicates the battery’s bad performance is your Toyota Camry hybrid needs a longer time to start. It is a warning that it is time to replace the battery.
- High electricity usage: When the battery starts to lose its energy the electricity usage increases. The car uses more electrical power to run the motor and other parts when it does not get proper support from the battery.
- Noises in the engine: A significant sign of the battery’s low power is strange noises from the engine. If you notice it once, take it as an alarm. Noise may indicate many problems but usually, it happens when the battery starts to fail. So take your car to the experts and check it out.
- Dimmed headlights: Another important signal for your Car’s battery performance is the headlights dimming or flickering. It means the battery cannot take charge properly.
- Reduction of fuel efficiency: The fuel efficiency of your Camry hybrid drops if the battery cannot hold a charge for a long time.
How To Fix The Problems
You need to work on the problems you have to fix these issues. But we think changing the battery is only one solution of this problem. You will find so many bards of batteries that are good for Camry Hybrid, you may use any one from them you love.
If you think you cannot fix the problems of the battery by yourself, you need to go to the workshop. Experts on these issues will help you to fix them.
A car with a low-performance battery may cause accidents on the road or stop suddenly in the middle of your trip. Moreover, the possibility of a car decreases if you do not fix the problems quickly.
So a quick repair or replacement of a defective battery is important to make your car long-lasting. Thanks for reading from use. There are some more articles related to Toyota Camry, you may read them too to know more about your loved car.