The Auxiliary port on the 2006 Honda Odyssey creates a long discussion about its existence and location. Some people say it’s available and some say it’s not. Even the maximum time, the real users find no existence of this audio port in this model of Honda.
The authority says the 2006 Honda Odyssey has its entertainment system on the back part of the car. So you need to find it under a rubber-covered area on the back of the van. You can also search the driver-side spare tire front. If these two places’ searching goes in vain, you may need to take it true that, your car has no Auxiliary port.
But the good thing is, you can install it. There are some other things that we will discuss inside the article. So, continue reading with full attention.
Where Is The 2006 Honda Odyssey Aux Port Location?
The 2006 Honda Odyssey has a back entertainment system. So, the Aux should be located somewhere in the back part of the car. We can suggest two possible places under a rubber-covered area on the back of the van. If we go more specific, search near the spare tire.
We are not clearly suggesting any location because we didn’t find any Aux in the 2006 Honda Odyssey. Neither can we deny it because some people are claiming that they find the aux port in their car. So, it can’t be confirmed that 2006 Honda Odyssey does not have an Auxiliary port.
But if you search these two places carefully and find nothing like the given image below, then you should give up and try to install a customized aux on your 2006 Honda Odyssey.
The following section will help you to install an audio system in your car.
Why 2006 Honda Odyssey Does Not Have An Aux Port?
Most mechanics did not find any aux in the 2006 Honda Odyssey. We also didn’t find this port anywhere. So we can reach a conclusion that 2006 Honda Odyssey does not have an aux port.
But why? Let’s see. Some people think that 2006 Honda Odyssey did not come with an Auxiliary port because it came with a new audio system. The car has a CD player and DVD player.
So this can be a reason behind not having the aux port. So, you cannot connect your auxiliary device to these two devices. If you want to use your aux in the car, you will have to install an adapter.
How To Install Aux Port In 2006 Honda Odyssey?
As we find no aux in 2006 Honda Odyssey, we have to depend on sound system installation. There are many ways to install an aux in the car dashboard to listen to some music inside the car. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Step 1: Turn off the car and remove the battery.
- Step 2: Remove the cover of your dashboard near sound system. You will see a few connectors and cables here. Disconnect these cables if you need to do any repair work later on.
- Step 3: Now, pull out one or more cable(s) from behind your sound system speakers. This should give you enough slack to mount an auxiliary device (or adapter). Make sure that the aux is inserted in front of the speakers, not at their back!
- Step 4: Reconnect all cables according to the user manual given with the car.
Uses Of 2006 Honda Odyssey Aux Port
There are so many uses of an aux in the car. But for a clear understanding of the uses of an aux in the 2006 Honda Odyssey. Let’s see why the aux or auxiliary are used for
- To Listen To Songs While Driving: This is the primary use of aux in the car. You can put your auxiliary input into the audio system and enjoy music while driving.
- To Connect Wired Devices: If you have a wired device like an MP3 player or phone, you can connect it to your car’s aux port. Aux ports are usually found near sound systems and TVs, so this is a convenient way to keep devices charged while on vacation, for example.
- As A Second Audio Output: Many new cars now come with additional mini speakers built into them that give second audio output (for example, for using as a monitor in the car while driving). If you don’t have this feature built into your car, an aux can be plugged into these speakers to get the same result.
- To Listen To Audio Books: With the growing popularity of audiobooks, many cars now come with aux ports that can be used to listen to them. Simply connect your MP3 player or phone to the aux port and you’re good to go!
In conclusion, aux or auxiliary ports are very useful in cars. They can be used for a variety of purposes, from listening to music while driving to connecting wired devices.
But locating this port in 2006 Honda Odyssey is more than impossible because this is not available in this model of car. You may install one customized. We hope this discussion was with you in the whole process for help. Thanks for reading from us.